The power of authentic connection with individual students inspires transformation.
Boomerang youth begin to become agents of positive change in their own lives and in their communities when they have a sense of ownership and actively engage in learning experiences. Our experiential programming is designed to help young people learn self-regulation, understand their resiliency, develop social and emotional competencies, and strengthen their executive functioning.
- 75% of students participating in community service projects improved connectedness to school and community.
- 85% of students significantly improved understanding of future choices after attending “What’s Next?” workshops.
- 95% of students set short-term goals for academic success and personal growth.
- 300 students participate year-round in after school programs, team-building and other acts of civic engagement.
Together we can make a real difference in the lives of young people who need us most.
- What’s Next? for middle and high school students: a highly interactive workshop series focused on skill-building for each age group: from post-graduation planning, job readiness, building financial capability, and entrepreneurship development, positive development of self, communication, conflict management, navigating social media, healthy relationships, etc., to learning to change a tire.
- Support on Demand services for brief counseling
- Training for volunteers and interns – we need inspiring and inspired people to support program delivery (public policy, advocacy, expanding circles of support in the community)