Job Title: Lead Teacher
Reports to: Site Director
Classification: Part-time, Exempt
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 3p-7p
Rate of Pay: $20-22/hr., commensurate with experience
Number of Hires: 3
Boomerang is a youth support organization that seeks to inspire youth to bounce back from challenges and move toward positive change. We are hiring 3 Lead Teachers to provide support services to students in Bounce Back, an after school program that works with middle and high school students vulnerable to disconnection from school. Our culture is very important to us. We are looking for a team member to join us in creating brave spaces for young people to build resilience, identify their strengths and move toward positive change.
We are seeking three (3) teachers to lead programming for our after school sites in Orange County, NC:
High School Site
- Orange High School, 500 Orange High School Road, Hillsborough, NC 27217
Middle School Sites:
- Boomerang Youth, 825-A N. Estes Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- Boomerang Youth, 113 N. Scotswood Blvd., Hillsborough, NC 27217
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership and Supervision:
- Responsible for the management and supervision of the day-to-day operation of the 21 Century Community Learning Center Programs at assigned program site location.
- Responsible for assuring high-quality program services and support to enrolled children and their families
- Supervise Assistant Teachers, interns, volunteers and tutors supporting program activities with student participants
- Ensure program operation and activities are implemented in compliance with agency and funder rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Recruitment, Coordination and Collaboration:
- Help identify and recruit prospective student participants
- Support Program Director in collecting and analyzing data for program reporting and evaluation
- Establish and nurture effective relationships with program stakeholders, including feeder school staff, students’ school day teachers, parents and program staff.
- Facilitate program orientation sessions with newly enrolled student participants.
Serve as a liaison between the school day staff & after school staff:
- Facilitate program evaluation activities with school-day teachers, including dissemination and collection of teacher surveys.
- Obtain updates on student needs/progress reports via email and phone communication.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human Services or related field; other degrees will be considered. Work experience of 5 years or more in positions serving youth will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: At least four years of successful experience providing school-based and school-related programming for children, successful experience working with vulnerable children and families, excellent communication skills and ability to work with individuals of diverse cultural/ethnic backgrounds. Prior experience in staff supervision preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively using written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use current technology to maintain records and obtain data and information
- Ability to plan and implement activities for maximum effectiveness
- Ability to supervise and evaluate instructional and non-instructional staff
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Knowledge of current student assessment and accountability instruments
We actively encourage diverse candidates to apply. Boomerang Youth, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or national origin.
For immediate consideration, interested parties may submit a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Desired start date is Monday, November 7, 2022.