Bounce Back After School Program
This year, we will offer after-school opportunities to youth in grades 6-9. This positive development and youth leadership program will provide students with a safe space to receive academic tutoring and reinforcement, develop life skills, and engage in student-directed service learning opportunities. This program will be a student-led space through which Orange County youth can connect with positive, caring adults and build resilience while enriching and positively impacting their communities. Sessions will take place at our Chapel Hill location from 3:30p-6:30p on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. This program is intended to be a year-long program for a cohort of ~15 students, rather than a ‘drop-in’ style after school program.
- Receive academic help from a CHCCS Teacher, Boomerang staff, and volunteers
- Participate in life skills and social and emotional learning skill building activities
- Earn community service hours through participation in and planning of service learning projects
- Set personal and academic goals, and receive regular check-ins with Boomerang staff to discuss their progress in reaching them
- Learn and engage with parents during Family Academies to continue skill building and strengthen family connection
Did you know there’s a Bounce Back Summer Camp?
To ensure continuum of services throughout the summer, the Bounce Back program has a summer camp! The camp is four weeks long for 6th-9th grade students. During camp we find new and exciting ways to explore the following topics:
- STEM Activities
- Social and Emotional Learning Activities